Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wasting Away with Music Lists

I spend way too much time looking at and editing my own music lists. The year-end lists are rolling in and I can't get enough of them. Here are some from Blender, Q, Paste, and Mojo. I've been tweaking my own list for a long time now and will "release" my 2008 song and album lists soon. I still don't have a clear cut choice for the #1 album yet. I am obsessed. But the fact that Bob Boilen, working for such an esteemed establishment as NPR, shares my obsession, makes me feel better about it. However, that still won't assuage my mom's fears for me, despite her being an avid NPR listener.

Anyway, look forward to seeing my lists on Facebook soon, complete with video links and descriptions. Simplified versions will be on the blog. Yay! I know most people don't give a crap, but I'm excited, haha. Ahhh I'm lame.

In the meantime, check out Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie covering "Thriller." Epic.

EDIT: New and more interesting lists! Here's one from my cousin Louisa and one from my school newspaper, the Daily Cal.

1 comment:

Louisa said...

heyyyy I randomly found your blog! It's louisa. your cousin. Here's my blogsite: sellingsecretstotherussians.blogspot.com.
- and ben gibbard does many exciting, fun covers.